History

Penguin Meat Supply is in the wholesale & retail meat distribution business. When Penguin Meats was taken over by the Michaluk Family in the late 1950’s it was located in the Whalley area of Surrey.

In 1964 was relocated to 1554 Johnston Road White Rock where it continues to carry on its retail business today. A few years after moving to White Rock Vic and Irene became Penguin’s sole owners by buying out Vic’s father Harry and Vic’s brother Walter.

After many years of steady growth Penguin bought “Langley Cold Storage” in 1992 to provide expanded cooler and freezer capacity and to assist in the growing volume of wholesale meat distribution. In January of 2016 Penguin moved its wholesale distribution, production and sausage making to a newly completed building located at #1 19195 33 Ave. Surrey. This new location was built large enough to also become the new home of Langley Cold Storage providing much larger capacity and the ability to accept product for storage from other businesses. As a result of the hard work and dedication of Penguin’s more than 50 employees Penguin continues to show steady growth which promotes optimism for the future.